Recently I’ve had the chance to review Two Wheel Gear’s Pannier Backpack Convertible (2018). This is a really amazing backpack as it features a hidden mount for your bicycle along with a hi-visibility rain cover so it helps you be very visible in our crazy British Columbia rain.
The backpack is very convertible it features a chest strap to help keep it in place when it is on. It also has some amazing pocket space inside one for your laptop and pens/pencils and on the outside, it has two pockets on the side which can be used for a water bottle or even a coffee mug. Replacement Parts are available at a very reasonable rate compared to some other bags and panniers that have very expensive parts.
Price wise this bag has a fair price for what it is capable of as it has double features which can also be used as an everyday backpack as well as the Bicycle Mounting Clips hide away in a zippered compartment.
Available Styles/Colors: Black, Graphite Grey
Ideal For: Commuters, Multi-Modal, Weekend Touring
Specifications of the bag:
- Weather protected pannier and technical backpack
- Quick conversion for on-bike or off-bike carry
- Adjustable Rixen & Kaul mounting system adjusts for all standard bike racks
- Locks onto bike rack with ratchet clips
- Padded laptop pocket (fits up to 15.6 inches)
- Padded exterior pocket for phone or sunglasses
- Multiple internal pockets for accessories
- Foam padded back panel conceals mounting system
- Reflective accents for night visibility
- Attachment points for clipping lights
- U-Lock pocket, key leash, adjustable sternum strap
- YKK zippers, Rock Lockster® hardware
- Includes fluorescent high-visibility rain cover
Measurements of the bag:
- Height 17.5″ Width 12″ Depth 7″
- Weight: 2.8 lbs / 1.3 kg
- Volume: 24 Litres
- Material: 600D Polyester with TPE Waterproof backing & UV Treatment